Who we are
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the Act), the data controller is What’s For Tea Tonight?, Burn of Balmakelly Farm, Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, AB30 1UQ, Scotland
You will also find us online at:
- Our website address is: https://farminginthefieldeducation.co.uk
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/whatsforteatonightfarmshop
- Instragram: https://www.instagram.com/whatsforteatonight_
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- When you purchase something from our website, we collect certain personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address, in order to process your purchase.
- When you book a ‘Farming In The Field Education‘ or an ‘Active Assisted Needs Education‘ activity via our website, we collect certain personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address, in order to process your booking.
- When you contact us, we keep a record of the correspondence details which includes a copy of your name, email address, subject matter and message content so that we can respond to you.
- When you sign up to our newsletter we collect your name and email address. We may use this information in order to communicate with you about our products, services, or events we think may be of interest to you (as permitted by law).
- When you browse our website, we may also collect certain “non-personal information,” which by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you. This includes, technical information (such as your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, device screen resolution, device type, operating system, information you provide us while using our website i.e. search terms, webpages viewed, time spent browsing our site.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
- To improve our website
- To improve customer service
- To process transactions
- To send periodic emails
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We will never sell your personal information to a third party for marketing purposes.
Information that you choose to post to our website, including product reviews and blog comments, can be seen, collected, and used by anyone who visits our website. We are not responsible for unauthorized third-party uses of such information.
We may disclose the information we collect as described below. By accessing and using our website and services, you consent to our sharing practices, as described in this Policy.
Third-party Service Providers
We engage third-party service providers to perform a variety of services and functions on our behalf, such as data analytics, processing payments and bookings.
- Google Analytics – To enable us to improve our online customer experience. All IP data sent to Google Analytics is anonymised.
- Stripe payment platform, you can view Stripe’s policy here:
- Fareharbor booking system, you can view Fareharbors policy here:
Links and Social Network Posting Tools
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take reasonable physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect the personal information collected on our website. Of course, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you provide us won’t be intercepted during transmission over the Internet.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Burn of Balmakelly Farm,
- Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire,
- AB30 1UQ, Scotland
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 07708 438445